MSC teaches simple effective skills and develops emotional strength to meet life’s challenges with kindness, care and understanding instead of blaming, shaming or criticizing ourselves. MSC is based on the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff, Ph.D. and clinical expertise of Christopher Germer, Ph.D through the University of California San Diego.
The core skills of Self-Compassion develop courageous attitudes which help us stand up to harm, even the harm we may unwittingly inflict upon ourselves, through self-criticism, self-isolation or self-absorption.
Self-Compassion can be learned by anyone, even those who didn’t receive enough affection in childhood or who feel uncomfortable when they are good to themselves. It’s easier than you think!
After participating in this 8 week training program, you will be able to:
- Handle difficult emotions with self-kindness
- Face and befriend your shortcomings
- Motivate yourself with self-kindness
- Forgive yourself
- Relate whole-heartedly to others
- Care for others while caring for yourself
- Learn about the Science of Self-Compassion
- Transform challenging relationships
- Manage empathy fatigue or burn-out
- Practise savouring and self-appreciation
- Teach simple Self-Compassion skills to others.
Claire Breen, Educational Psychologist, 0820662212 or 0217945477
Trained by Kristin Neff and Chris Germer.
Please forward this flyer to others who may be interested.
And, Peter Powis Clinical Psychologist (083)444-9397 Peterpowis1@gmail.com
Please contact for next training
Please use the contact form below to email Clare: