Meditation in Motion
Qigong is an ancient Chinese practice inspired by the healing rhythms and movements of nature, combining flowing movement, deep relaxation and breathing. As one does the movements, the body relaxes completely and the body is brought into a state of harmony and balance.
With regular practice, Qigong can have the following benefits:
- promote health
- relieve stress and calm the mind
- boost the immune system
- enhance blood circulation
- balance posture, strengthen the mind and energize the body
Everyone, whatever their age, stage or state of fitness, can learn Qigong and enjoy it. The movements are gentle to the body and easy to learn.
Camps Bay Classes:
- Every Monday & Wednesday
- time: 9.30 – 10.45am
- Mondays 8.30 – 9.45 am
- Thursdays 6.30 – 7.45 pm
- For further information call: Ruth 021 794 0365
- Private classes and teacher training available on demand
- Noordhoek: Tuesdays 7.30 – 8.30am
- Kommetjie: Thursdays 8.45 – 9.45am
- For further info call Katja: 021 7890829
All teachers have attended numerous workshops over the years taught by three different Qigong Masters. Their passion…. helping students with chronic conditions and sharing this joyful way of healing soul and body with others.
TYPE OF CLASSES
CLASSES FOR ADULTS (any age, seniors welcome)
- class duration 1hr 15min
- starts with gentle warm-up
- practicing and learning a Qigong form (sitting or standing)
- ends with a meditation
CLASSES ASPIRING TEACHERS (or students who want to go deeper)
- on demand
- some experience with Qigong required
- duration: Module of three months one class per week
- places for 3-4 students only
- cost: R1200
- venue: Constantia
PRIVATE CLASSES (on request)
- helps beginners to get used to the movements and to gain confidence
- students with physical restrictions will be helped to adjust movements to suit their bodies
- private classes aim to integrate above students as soon as possible into the group sessions.
COMMENTS FROM STUDENTS
AFTER THE FIRST CLASS….
- I have not felt this relaxed for a long time
- I went home feeling much happier
- This is exactly what I have been looking for
- Do I NEED Qigong!
- I feel like I have come home
AFTER SOME TIME…..
- It has changed my life and helps me cope
- It centers me and keeps me grounded
- I feel more compassionate and patient
- I have learned to live more in the moment and to listen to my body
- There is this tremendous surge of energy
- I like to feel the Qi and to know it is there for me… comforting..
- This helped me pass my exam (11yr old)
- My memory has improved and I sleep much better
- I like the floating feeling after the class
For further information call:
Ruth Tel : (021) 794-0365
Kathryn Tel: (021) 438-9843 or, use the e-mail form below: